Each team requires a Team Manager to be the administrator for the team so the Coach (or Coaches) can concentrate totally on training and coaching the team.
Team Manager Duties include:
- Providing a copy of their current “Working With Children” check to the club secretary. This is a Netball Victoria regulation.
- rostering for oranges, scoring and training duty. Note for U11s and U13s the parent rostered on for the match is to be present at training each week to support the coach and to ensure all girls are collected.
- rostering for canteen or BBQ duties (usually no more than once per year).
- distribution of information amongst your team with emails or text messages; consider the use of sport apps such as “Teamstuff".
- point of contact if for any reason a player in your team is unable to play.
- if less than 7 players are available any week, then you must find a suitable replacement (or replacements to make up 7 players) from a lower age section or grade and ensure their details are written on the back of that week’s scoresheet
- contacting SDNA by 9pm on the Tuesday before the match if your team needs to forfeit.
- ensuring at least 5 players turn up to the courts when the weather is inclement, unless SDNA have cancelled the match one hour before the starting time (check website)
- CODE OF CONDUCTS
- organising a time for all team members to listen to and sign the Players Code of Conduct expectations.
- send a copy of the Parent’s Code of Conduct expectations to each family for the parent(s) to read and sign.
- keep Code of Conduct forms on hand for the season and destroy them when the season finishes.
- assisting junior coaches with transport of bibs and balls to training and games.
- attendance at the start of season Team Managers meeting run by the SDNA.
- communication with the committee.
- SDNA By-laws: be familiar with them on the SDNA website - select Association Home/Policies & Procedures/Bylaws
- VIXEN GAMES
- Determining how many tickets are required for your U11 or U13 team to attend a Vixen game - coordinated through committee member Angela Bligh
- Collecting the tickets from and returning them to Angela Bligh
- U15 Team Managers may be asked to see if any of their players would like to use any left over Vixen tickets