Player Commitment Expectation
Netball is a Team Sport requiring all players to play and work as a team.
There is no room for selfish players or players who believe they are the most important component of the team.
Our club motto is “Club, Team, Player” and we expect our players to commit first and foremost to the club, then to their team and lastly to themselves.
Players must commit to:
- Attending at least 90% of the Friday training sessions and the same for their games
- Arriving on time to training and for pre-game warm ups, with their drink bottle full and any medication they may need, eg ventolin puffers and an enthusiastic attitude
- Giving their coach(es) their full attention at all times
- Letting the coach and Team Manager know in advance if you are unable to attend either training or the match
- Being prepared to help the club or their team-mates when asked
- Advising the Club in writing of any injuries or ongoing Medical Conditions they have and providing updates as and when needed
- Signing and abiding by the Player Code of Conduct
Parent/Carer Commitment Expectation
As we are a volunteer-based club, parents and/or carers should be prepared to commit to:
- Being rostered on to score games and provide half time fruit and full time treat to the team several times over the season.
Please note: for Under 11 and Under 13 teams, this also includes being present at training and remaining until all players have been collected.
- Volunteering for an hour when the club is rostered on to cook the Saturday BBQ or serve in the Canteen. This is usually required once a season.
- Advising the Club in writing of any injuries or ongoing Medical Conditions the player has and providing updates as and when needed
- Signing and abiding by the Parent Code of Conduct
- Consider volunteering as a Team Manager
- Consider volunteering as a Team Coach
- Consider volunteering as a Committee Member